Do you know your Black Portuguese ancestors? Yes, BLACK Portuguese. Please think about the Portuguese word for Black which is NEGRO. So why were African Americans called a Portuguese or Spanish word? What many African Americans don’t know is that the slave trade started in PORTUGAL/SPAIN which was called in the past by a single country name, Iberia.
There is even a city in Portugal which was full of BLACK people called Moors who ruled there for close to 700 years. It was even called A-dos-Negros, The Village of the BLACKS. Now the Moors were believers of Islam. They were expelled by the European Visigoths after they ruled Iberia for 700 years. The city was then given to a man named Yahia Ben Rabbi who was a direct descendent of King David from the Bible. He also gave himself another name, Don Yahyah “el Negro” or Yahyah the Negro. In English that would be Yahya the BLACK!
1. Do you know about Negroland in Africa and the Black Portuguese Jews who migrated there?
2. Did you know a Black Portuguese was the first African American and Portuguese Politician in America?
3. Did you know the first African slaves brought to America in Jamestown were a part of the booty captured by pirates from Portuguese/Spanish slave ship going to Mexico?
4. Do you know there were Black Portuguese also found living in the Congo, Angola, and the Caribbeans?
5. Did you know about the Black Portuguese family traditions with surnames living in NC, SC, TN, GA and other places in America?
Want to know more? Help us with doing more research by donating as pledge partner. We want to do more education on these subjects and come up with learning materials for our youth for future generations as they tried to pull Black History from schools. We also want to help you find your Erverh Heritage. Join our newsletter by creating an account to sign up for our newsletter and to also register for events coming soon. We are a Kingdom of Priests! A Holy Chosen Nation!